I had gestational diabetes with my first baby, who was a boy, but not with my second baby, who was a girl. Now, I'm having a boy again and my glucose test came back a little too high... *sigh*
SO, on Monday, at 7:30am (after fasting since 8pm the night before) I get to go back in for ANOTHER test that will verify what I'm thinking is already known. I get to be there for 3 hours. yay. fun. here we go again. Nothing I can't handle, though. It's actually almost a relief, really, because my silly thinking is this: well, if I have diabetes, I won't have the really scary pre-eclamsia. I can do without sugar and be healthier because of it and poke my fingers several times a day and all that. No problem. I've only gained 10 lbs and I read that average weight gain for this point in a typical pregnancy is at least 15, so we're good there. My baby's not TOO big, he's just right, so I'm not worried about that, either. Just a bump in the road that is my typical "normal" pregnancy-ness.
Prayers would still be appreciated, though. :) One can never have too many of those!
1 comment:
I hate the glucose tests, especially since with my hypoglycemia I get to have 3 hours of blood sugar swings. I hope that your's turns out ok, and maybe they will be wrong, so you can still enjoy some sugar!!!
Post a Comment