"Funny how life keeps going and we keep surviving what we feel is surely going to be the end of us." ~Me

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Only 3 more Thankful days!

Today I'm thankful for some little things... getting everything done on my list in preparation for my in-laws to come.... TODAY! WOOHOO!

I'm thankful for the sleep I was able to finally obtain last night... my kids, bless their stinky little sleep-interrupting hearts, got me up a total of 3 times last night, N twice, A & N together once. AND, I was sleeping on the fold-out couch bed because I made my own bed all nice and clean for my in-laws so I wouldn't have to do it today... AND, with all the cleaning I did yesterday, my hips were really achy, which wasn't helped by the bar that was exactly where they were when laying down, AND since I'm at a point in my pregnancy where laying on one's back or stomach is a no-no, I was forced to sleep on the bar. With my hips. Ouch. BUT, the pain went away, and I would finally doze off... then a kid would come find me. Again. Whatta night! So, yay for sleep!




I'm also thankful that Natalie is not as sick as my middle-of-the-night-sleep-deprived-self feared she'd be. All night long, between sleep and interruptions, I feared I'd have to take her to the doctor, get her a prescription (taking away from Christmas money), the rest of us would get sick... it would be a horrible, horrible Thanksgiving. But, my all-night-praying-instead-of-sleeping paid off... she's just fine this morning!
Did I mention my in-laws are coming today?? WOOHOO!

2 comments:

Druciana said...

I hate those kind of nights. Would a pillow under your hips help?

blondeviolin said...

I'd talk to your OB about the sleep thing. Seriously. My OB didn't care which way I slept. I slept on my tummy all the way through my pregnancy with Emmett. She said if my blood pressure was high then it might help a little to sleep on your left side.

I wish we had family coming for Thanksgiving...then I wouldn't ahve to go out on Black Friday with Dan. We're having friends over on Thursday...but I still have to wake up crazy early the next morning.