"Funny how life keeps going and we keep surviving what we feel is surely going to be the end of us." ~Me

Friday, November 14, 2008

Day 14 of Being Thankful for Stuff...

I love how, if I think about it, there's always something to be thankful for!

Every morning at 5:30am, my husband kisses me goodbye just before he heads out into the cold, dark day. He leaves me sleeping and warm and doesn't give going to work a second thought. He just does it. He often wakes BEFORE his alarm, never, ever pushing the snooze button. Every day he does this for me and our family because he knows that's his job. I know he could say "um, today I'm sleeping in" or "You know what? I want a different job, I quit" or "you should work, I'll stay home". But he doesn't. He works so I can stay home. He goes out and faces the world for us and that means so much to me. Then, he comes home and doesn't say anything about the laundry I DIDN'T get done, or the dishes I DIDN'T do... but asks if there's anything he can do to help ME. I got a good man, yo! That's what I'm thankful for today. :) (And everyday.)