"Funny how life keeps going and we keep surviving what we feel is surely going to be the end of us." ~Me

Thursday, January 8, 2009

You know you have a good doctor when...

He's not there to see you!
I had an appointment yesterday at 4pm and by 5pm when they still hadn't called me back and then told me it might be another hour and a half... I decided to reschedule for Friday morning and leave. So, here's why I know I have an awesome doctor:
First of all, the waiting room and back rooms were full... and people STILL chose to wait. That's loyalty. And they weren't angry, they were more than happy to do so.
The reason he was running behind in the first place is because he had three deliveries (that weren't planned, of course) and was there for all of them. This gives me confidence that I won't be stuck with some doc I've never met when it comes time for mine, if I should go into labor earlier than the set date (did I mention it was March 26th?) and I have to have a rush c-section.
So, that's second of all.
Third of all, he came with MANY a great recommendations from many of his other (did I mention loyal?) patients.
Fourth, he was willing to stay two hours later than normal business hours to see those who couldn't reschedule. AND he's coming in Friday, when they're normally closed, to see those who could.
Fifth, I had only seen him a few times at the office and one day saw him at Home Depot and he recognized me before I recognized him. He knows who I am!! That's such a bonus! (Especially after seeing all the patients he has to remember!) When I was in Washington having issues with my pregnancy with N right before she was born, I wanted to call my doctor and see what he thought we should do... the nurse told me not to be upset if he didn't remember my case or whatever because he has so many patients. Well, when I called, he knew EXACTLY who I was and my situation and didn't need my chart or anything. I loved that. It means so much to me that my doctor now is the same way!
I love it when things that could normally be annoying actually put things into perspective for a person.

2 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

I love my doctor too. We switched insurances jan 09 and she opened her doors to just me. I am her only Humana patient! She delivered L, B and she is determined to deliver this one too!

I think it all comes down to good parenting, because my doctor is a great person, and I know her momma raised her right! :)

Druciana said...

I loved the dr. I had when I was pg with Sean and Noel. I didn't like the dr. that I got stuck with when I was pg with Eric, but I saw the other dr when I had my complications with healing. He made me feel so at ease and comfortable that I switched to him as soon as possible.