Inauguration day.
I, for one, will be praying for our President... something I've never really done before. (Or is it our nation I should be praying for?)
As an active member of my church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints), I follow this guide:
"We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law."
On that note, I came across a mixture of quotes all wrapped up in one today that I thought would be appropriate to share... I've seperated them and added bold type and italics for emphasis:
"The laughter of the world is merely loneliness pathetically trying to reassure itself."
-Elder Neal A. Maxwell
"However out of step we (Latter Day Saints) may seem, however much the (our) standards are belittled, however much others yield, we will not yield, we cannot yield."
-President Boyd K. Packer
"The time has come when we must take an unyielding stand. We must shore up our spiritual underpinnings, listen to the prophets of God, and follow their counsel."
-W. Craig Zwick
-W. Craig Zwick
Yeah. I don't think I need to add to that.

1 comment:
Lots of mixed emotions about the new president. I like your quotes.
Post a Comment