"Funny how life keeps going and we keep surviving what we feel is surely going to be the end of us." ~Me

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Bruising my assets

Within the past week, I have fallen down the stairs twice.  Well, I take that back... I fell (more like slipped) down the stairs once and tripped up them once. 

I blame my socks.

These socks rock, for three reasons:
1.  They were on sale for $1 per pair.
2.  They're Pirates of the Caribbean socks.
3.  They're ultra thin, so it's like not wearing socks at all.

For all the above said reasons, I wear them a lot.  So much, in fact, that they've become quite slippery on the bottoms, making my kitchen a fun place to be, but not the stairs. 

The first time I fell (slipped), I was on the phone with someone from church.  I'm so suave and graceful (HA) that I don't think (I sincerely hope) she couldn't tell I had just fallen, besides the fact that my kids were very loud in asking if I was ok and I was doing my ultimate best to stifle my laughs.

The second time, my foot slipped off the stair while going up, and I about killed myself.  Not really, but I was carrying Quin and about gave Matt a heart attack.  Quin didn't even flinch, nor did he (thanks to my lightning-fast reflexes) even touch the ground. 

So, from now on, I wear my ultra-grippy Hanes in the house, and my POTC socks when I need thin ones for my shoes.  Or at least take them off when I approach the stairs.

2 comments:

Druciana said...

I just have to say. It is so awesome that you have POTC socks!

O'Berrys said...

I'm glad you are alright and Quinn is too. I have some socks that are super slippery on my basement stairs (unfinished), but not as cool as yours. Its scary when you are holding the babe and slip.