"Funny how life keeps going and we keep surviving what we feel is surely going to be the end of us." ~Me

Monday, December 14, 2009

Lefty

Earlier today, Quin and I were playing his very first game of "catch".  He threw the ball once, and I threw it back and he seemed to get it pretty quickly, which I thought was cool.  We played for about 5-10 minutes, until he became fascinated with hitting my entertainment center with his "ball" (it's actually a small wooden ball-shaped topper to a stacker toy).  Anyway, baseball's a big thing on my side of the family, so I thought I'd let it be known that Quin's a lefty when it comes to throwing.  I thought he'd be a righty, but, come to think of it, he even eats left-handed.  He would even pick up the ball with is right hand and pass it to his left hand before throwing, if he couldn't reach it with his left hand.  My mom's left-handed, so she'd be proud.  :)

2 comments:

blondeviolin said...

Emmett used to pass thinsg to his left hand too. I totally thought he was going to turn out left-handed like my mom...but at this point in time he is looking more and more righty. Interesting how that turns out, huh?

Jami said...

How funny! I guess we'll just have to see what happens. :) If he is, teaching him to right should be interesting...