"Funny how life keeps going and we keep surviving what we feel is surely going to be the end of us." ~Me

Monday, January 30, 2012

Refocusing

If you've ever had a baby, you know all too well how much fun it can be - and by fun, I'm talking about quite the opposite.  I'm talking about the barrage of hormones that inevitably come crashing down on about the third day after your baby's born.

These aren't your ordinary hormones.  These aren't the ones that made you cranky for nine months.  Those, I can handle. 

No, these are the kind that make you actually miss being pregnant.  The kind that make the tiniest things, the lamest of things make you want to cry. 

Yeah.  They're cruel.

I knew they were coming.  I prayed hard in preparation for this blessed event.  Mostly, I prayed they'd be your typical post-pregnancy baby blues, and not post-partum depression like I had with Quin.

I'm still in the midst of them.  I feel better, today, though... I think it has a lot to do with lack of production of my milk.  I don't nurse.  *Pause for the shock to set in*  Nope.  Not me.  I tried it and I know what works and what doesn't work for me - and this is something that does NOT work for me.  I know they say breast is best, and I don't argue that.  But to me, this is like saying, "Stressed is best". 

I know I'm still in the two week "honeymoon phase" of babyhood, but I'm going to hang on to the fact that the last two nights I've gotten more than eight hours of sleep.  I credit the bottle for that.  And all the praying I've done... well, mostly because of the praying I've done. 

I love that even though things seem slightly gloomy to me, these days, I can still see the Lord's hand in my life.  He's here helping me.  He's answering my prayers.  I may have the haze of the hormone fog clouding my vision, but He's still helping me see clearly enough to know that this will pass.  I will gradually start finding normal, again.  I'll be able to find my groove, again.  Life goes on.

I love that I'm not pregnant, anymore.  I love that I can wear my jeans, again.  I love that I have my in-laws here to help while my husband's working 12 hour days, five days a week for a while.  I love that my two year old loves his new brother.  I love having my family around me and a home with lots of windows and my MIL's Mood Magic for Women essential oil.  :)

I love this sleeping ball of sweetness curled up on my lap.  Such a precious.  :)

2 comments:

Roo said...

Sounds like you've got things going your way, but don't forget that a priesthood blessing could also help some more. Congrats on your little bundle.

Jami said...

Agreed. I was going to ask for one until my husband got one from his father and I was blessed through his. I felt that was all I needed. :) Plus, I could hardly get through his without bawling. lol