"Funny how life keeps going and we keep surviving what we feel is surely going to be the end of us." ~Me

Saturday, November 26, 2011

It's not a "kid" tree, it's a Christmas tree

In years past, it has been my nature to be picky about where the ornaments were placed on our Christmas tree.  I was always grumpy and quite the party-pooper on that day that's supposed to be special and fun.

I've heard of people having a "kid" tree for the odd placement of ornaments and having another for all matching junk.  To me, that's a bit extreme, but to each their own.  My tree growing up had everything from almost broken to hand-made and we all helped.  I've even heard of people who let the kids have at it but then go back and fix everything.  Not me.

This year, I took it upon myself to tell my sweet littlest one all about putting up our very own Christmas tree and how he'll get to help us decorate it.  This kid LOVES him a Christmas tree - we can't walk through Walmart without doing our usual rounds through the garden section where they're set up.  

My husband asked me if I was going to freak out about uneven placement of ornaments.  I told him I had made my peace with it.  And I had.  It was so much fun to see how my kids were having so much fun! Who cares where the dumb ornaments go?  

Even if they're all on one branch... ;)

(He was in the process of getting up for more ammo.)

Isn't this just cute? I just sat back and enjoyed it this year.  :)

No comments: