"Funny how life keeps going and we keep surviving what we feel is surely going to be the end of us." ~Me

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dreams favor the Delusional

I'm facing my first illness in what seems like forever.  It's just a cold, but it's been enough to kick my behind a little.  So, last night, I got as drugged up as I could (i.e. two Tylenol), slathered on some Vicks, and attempted to sleep.

Dream #1 - Spent half the night doing interviews with football coaches... you know, because so many had offered me a full scholarship for my skills.  (Watched "The Blind Side" before bed, can you tell?)

Dream #2 - Every time I coughed, I was reminded, subconsciously, that my other self (who looked much like Jack Sparrow) had worse symptoms than I.  Poor sap.

Dream #3 - I was eating at a restaurant that I've frequented many times in my dreams, though why, I don't know- the service is terrible.  I had a huge clump of hair embedded in the meat portion of my meal.  No waiters in sight to complain to.  It was maddening.

Dream #4 - I was apparently supposed to be dead, but was found by my child - one I've never seen - in a closet in some sort of compound.  My supposed husband, the one who did away with me in the first place, was after me.  I hid behind a fence surrounding the compound, because, obviously, no one would find me there.  And they didn't.  That's when my blessed alarm went off.

Needless to say, I'm postponing my bi-weekly grocery trip till my sweet and helpful husband can either watch all the kids or come with me to make sure I don't fall asleep in the bread aisle and so I don't have to talk to anyone, as I do not have much of a voice, today.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you get better soon. Those are some pretty crazy dreams!a