"Funny how life keeps going and we keep surviving what we feel is surely going to be the end of us." ~Me

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Tender Mercies

We're broke.

Ok, maybe not completely, but since I hadn't worked for a bit and now I'm making half of what I was, before, we're finding we need to make some very big adjustments to our spending habits.  As in, nix them.  Haha

A friend of mine and I were talking the other day and she mentioned buying new plants for her yard.  It made me think about all the stuff we can't buy recreationally and I was sad.  I don't need plants for my yard but the thought that I can't even expect anything for Mother's day just made me sad.  (I even had to use all my birthday money for bills.  Yuck.)

A few days, ago, a friend posted some things she was getting rid of since they're moving.  While I was there, she offered me a plant.  Then today, as I was throwing something away at my current job (I'm cleaning houses for rich people - nothing glamorous), I saw they were throwing away a perfectly good plant.  I took it home.

As I was cleaning the one up and making it a home on my front porch near the other one, a thought occurred to me:  What sweet gifts from Heaven!  Heavenly Father knows our needs.  But more than that, he knows the desires of our heart.  My favorite Mother's day gift is greenery of some sort.  He knows I don't just need a better paying job, I needed something to make my heart happy.

I'm grateful for tender mercies and the little signs from Heaven that I'm loved.