"Funny how life keeps going and we keep surviving what we feel is surely going to be the end of us." ~Me

Saturday, April 28, 2018

40

I'm 40, today.  Forty.  The big 4-0. 

Some people say it's all downhill from here.  

I feel like I'm just getting started.

I have this sort of panicky, times almost running out feeling, though.  Kind of like, I better get things done that I want to do because... you know, halfway there and all that.  

Though, I don't feel like I'm halfway there.  My granny recently passed away at 89.  My dad said it best:  She lived till the very end.

That's what I want.  I want to look back with no regrets.  I want to live till the very end.  I always used to say I will live till 100, but as long as I fully live, I don't think my dying age matters.

Have I been doing that, so far? 

I think so.  

I'm sure there are plenty of moments where I felt I was wasting my life away *ahemNetflixcough* but I read something recently that I really liked:


I really love that.  Everything in my life, good or bad, productive or otherwise, has led me to this moment.  I'm ok with that. 

I feel like my bucket-o-potential runneth over, though.  I have this itch to do something about that.  I have some ideas as to what; I've had them for a while.  My previous post sort of started all of this soul-searching.  Taking that next step is the scary part.  But, I'm 40, now - I can do hard things! ha!

I'm thankful for where I'm at in my life.  I'm in a good place; right where I'm supposed to be.

Here's to 40 more good ones and then some!




No comments: