"Funny how life keeps going and we keep surviving what we feel is surely going to be the end of us." ~Me

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

With Spring comes new growth...

My cup runneth over.

I have so much to say, but so little time.  (It's nearing my bedtime...)

I wondered, today, to my husband, why I haven't felt the Lord's presence as strongly of late as I had in the past.

Things are super easy, now.  Well, as easy as packing a whole house by yourself while single-momming four kids can be.

My husband said, "You can still feel the Spirit, but you are looking for the strength that comes when you are in desperate need of His help.  We don't need that right now, just His influence.

"And it is all around you."

He's been here the whole time.  This whole time when I thought I had been forsaken because of some foolish decision on my family's behalf (which had not been made, mind you), He's been here.

I got so used to hard that I forgot what easy felt like.

(Easy...  Heh.  We're moving to another state, my kids are starting a new school mid-semester, family will be farther away, again, and we've sold our bed*.)

But we're doing it as a family; as a team.

Together, I've decided, we can conquer anything.

I've learned so much about me and my kids and what we can accomplish, and how badly I need my husband for dinner and bath time.  It's been a grand adventure and I'm not entirely sure I'm happy to see its end.  Well, ok... I am.  Really - I'm tired of sleeping on an air mattress.

Here's to an exciting Easter weekend, a new life in a new place, and to finding more boxes!


*This is me redefining "easy".

No comments: