"Funny how life keeps going and we keep surviving what we feel is surely going to be the end of us." ~Me

Sunday, December 25, 2011

It really was perfect

In saying goodbye to this long-awaited day, I wanted to write down my favorite parts to make it less bitter and more sweet.  :)

My son got his DS.  He's wanted one for years.  Literally.  Santa rocks.

My daughter gave of herself, one of the very best things I love about that girl.  Love her!

My tiniest got to open a "blue present" and then some and loved every minute of it!

Baby Jesus was found under our tree before any other gifts were passed out. 

My daughter said her favorite tradition was the advent train - something I worked very hard to make special.  That made it all worth it!

I got new socks!

I was able to stay happy in spite of the severe lack of sleep I got last night.  My rockin' husband helped me get TWO naps, today!

I didn't have to cook!

What a special day.  Thanksgiving was perfect, today was perfect, and the New Year will be perfect, too!

Bring on 2012 and all it has to teach me!

2 comments:

Messy Jess said...

I love your outlook on life. Love the tradition of finding baby Jesus - gonna steal that idea! Breath deep and enjoy the final days of pregnancy!

Jami said...

Thank you, Jess, I am. :) It's almost coming up too fast!