"Funny how life keeps going and we keep surviving what we feel is surely going to be the end of us." ~Me

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

To vaccinate or not to vaccinate: Almost as controversial as abortion or religion

Do you vaccinate your kids?

I'm an avid vaccinator and flu shot getter, myself.  Although, when it came to a new one to be given to young babies (can't remember what it's called, now), red flags flew up in my mind and I passed on it.  Never regretted, it either.

I still believe one should be proactive in their childrens' protection against the odds... and I came across this article that I thought was well-put, simple, and just plain common sense. 

I think what it comes down to is what feels right for you and your family.  I do, however, in general, think being vaccinated is a smart thing to do.

What do you think?

5 comments:

Linda said...

Absolutely I do. Thanks for sharing the article.

Jami said...

I'm glad I found it - especially through LDS Living.

Cortney said...

It is SO controversial. I have vaccinated all my kiddos. And depending on if we can make the free flu shot clinics they get those too. They have never had any side effects, and I'd rather they not ever get some of the horrible diseases out there.

I liked the article and wished I hadn't read ANY of the comments. People can be so vicious.

I believe Heavenly Father has given us these amazing medical advances. But all of us are given free agency to choose what we want to do.

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

I do all the vaccines EXCEPT the MMR at 1 year. I push that back to 18 months. ONLY because L got the measles from it and had to be reported to CDC it was a mess. I am weary of that one but still do all the others when its time.

Jami said...

Ooh, Val, that stinks. It's a good thing the chance of reactions or side effects is so rare.
I'm with you, Cortney... H.F. DID give us these things for a reason, I firmly believe that. Same reason he had someone invent formula. lol If the church advised against it, I wouldn't do it, but if they require it for missions, that, to me, says a lot. I didn't read any of the comments, glad I didn't. I did, however, read the article that was linked to it, about the guy who had to get all his vaccines in order to go on a mission, even though he was against them.