"Funny how life keeps going and we keep surviving what we feel is surely going to be the end of us." ~Me

Monday, August 15, 2011

"Mommy, yook! A big rock!"

For being campers, we haven't done any camping this summer.  So, Saturday, we decided to pack it up and go to Devil's Tower for the night.  It was awesome!

The "big rock", as Quin was calling it (taken the morning of our trip):

Walking down a path we found by our camp, we found a cool amphitheatre next to Prairie Dog Town - here they're investigating the holes:

From there, we found another path... that took us to some sculpture thingy:


I know this is hard to see, as I took it at night, but if you look closely, there's an iiiittty bitty light, sort of on the left of center - that'd be a crazy "big rock" night climber at the top of the "tower":

Starting on the short, easy trail around the ginormous landmark:

Of course, we had to walk on the paw prints we saw around the trail:



In search of the perfect walking sticks:

We had to keep telling Natalie, if you can't lift it with one hand, it's TOO BIG: 

Even Quin had one: 


Quin loved smelling the trees - they smell like vanilla! I swear some even smelled like Red Vines... mmmmm:

A mama and baby deer walked right across the path not too far in front of us.  Quin kept inching closer and the mom would not move - she had this I-dare-you-to-step-closer look in her eye.  Matt finally swooped him up and we went on our merry way:

It was fun! I hope it's not our last camping trip of the year, as the best camping weather is yet to come (as well as off-season prices)!   :)  Good times were had by all.

No comments: