"Funny how life keeps going and we keep surviving what we feel is surely going to be the end of us." ~Me

Friday, October 19, 2018

Top Ten Things That Happened Whilst I Fasted From Social Media for Ten Days

1.  A roadrunner chilled on my porch for a morning.  Only 5 other people knew about it.  I took a picture.

2.  I was five days late... but not six.  😳🙏

3.  My son decided to be a cat named "Meowy" who's a thief but also a knight who's also a professor for Halloween.

4.  Velociraptors visited my library.  I have the selfie to prove it.

5.  I bought tickets to see Wicked next April with my daughter.  We're most excited.

6.  My phone was painlessly upgraded.  (Hello, Moto...)

7.  I added more Halloween earrings to my collection.  Well, I only had one pair before, so now it's officially a collection.

8.  My family came to the conclusion that we are very decidedly a one-dog-only family.

9.  I wandered into "Jane the Virgin" territory on Netflix.  I'm probably going to be here for a while.

10.  I realized how many times during the day something will happen in my life and my first thought is to share it with the internet.


Bonus:  I didn't miss it.  I realized I don't need to check every notification or thing my friends are selling.  I wasted a lot of my life checking up on the lives of others.  I think I'm going to vastly decrease my usage from here on out.

1 comment:

trishaz said...

Love your observations! It would be interesting to hear the observations from all over the world.