Today was the last time I'll have to say goodbye to my new kindergartener on their first day.
We decided to stop having kids after two. The second one nearly killed me. For real.
When she started kindergarten, I had a job lined up and was ready to start the next leg of my journey as a mom - the everyone's in school now, leg. I was ready and excited and looking forward to the new adventure.
But then......
Quin. The encore.
I had to start over. I had the sweet opportunity to experience so many firsts, all over, again.
He's in 3rd grade, now. And his little brother, the grand finale in our brood, is experiencing his very first day of kindergarten. And here I am, again. The everyone's in school now, place.
Summer wasn't long enough. Never is.
My heart and the rooms of my home feel empty. My oldest two have yet to start their school year... that I am certainly not looking forward to.
A quiet house with no kids is just depressing.
But these tubes have done been tied. No more encores or grand finales, for this fam. So, I just need to suck-it-up-buttercup and keep moving forward.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go wipe my tears and try to get some work done.
No comments:
Post a Comment