I did want to share my testimony through all of this. The Lord truly does guide us in our lives. He hears and answers our prayers. He knows what we need and can see what we can't see. If we put our trust in Him, He will never lead us astray. He will help. I know this with all of my heart.
Twice during this journey, we felt lost. We knew what we needed to do but weren't sure which direction to take.
Twice, the Lord showed us. Well, way more than that. He's guided every step of this journey. Every step! When we were in doubt about our job search, He helped us find the right job within 30 minutes. Within a week, we were hired.
When we didn't know what to do when we were there, checking out houses but not finding any, this quote was discovered in my email:
"Our Heavenly Father is aware of our needs and will help us as we call upon Him for assistance. I believe that no concern of ours is too small or insignificant. The Lord is in the details of our lives." (Italics to indicate my favorite part.)
—Thomas S. Monson
After we read this, we took Him up on that. We prayed for guidance. Within minutes, our realtor was calling us and we were able to look at a house we had ruled out because of (enter lengthy details here). As soon as we saw the neighborhood, let alone the house, we knew we had found the right one.
I have no doubt in my mind the Lord's Hand has been in this journey, has guided us when we were feeling lost, has watched our for our family when we didn't even know we needed watching out for (because of other lengthy details).
I'm so grateful for this opportunity. I'm so grateful for the wisdom to see when we're being blessed. I'm so grateful for this job and this house and for Hazel (again, more details). She rocks. I'm grateful that even though it had been snowing all day, the roads were clear for our three hour drive home in the dark. So many blessings have been bestowed upon us, this past week. I'm so glad my kids were able to see them, as well. I'm grateful we were able to come up with more than enough money to pay for this trip. (Blessings of tithing!!) I'm grateful for everything being on sale when I needed to stay inside a strict grocery budget. I'm grateful that because of this, I was able to get my son's birthday treat for school. I'm grateful our prayers for the first jobs we applied to weren't answered. There's been so many (seriously, so many) blessings given to us this week. I can't say enough how grateful I am and how awesome the Lord is. :)
Now, on to the next step: selling our house. And more praying and having faith that all will be as it should be. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment