"Funny how life keeps going and we keep surviving what we feel is surely going to be the end of us." ~Me

Friday, July 27, 2012

Heart attacks and six packs. Oh, and flan.

I've seen my sister get so mad she passes out.  I've heard about nieces and/or nephews hitting their heads and passing out.  I've even almost passed out, once.

But I never saw my own kid do it.  Wait, I take that back.  Quin choked to non-breathing, once.  That was fun.

Natalie missed the bench when she tried to alley-oop onto the tramp and instead rammed her ribs into the bars. 

Fortunately, she was somehow able to make it to the back door where she stood sort of gasping.  In a matter of blurred milliseconds, I somehow made it from the stove, where I was standing, to the back door, a good 15 ft. away.  In this amount of time, I watched my daughter stumble backwards a step or two, then completely topple over.  Not a sort of crumple to the ground fall, a standing tall to a great big flat-out fall.  I heard her head hit the ground. 

Before I knew it, I was holding her, assessing her breathing, watching her eyes roll back into her head, and sort of frantically asking her if she could breath (she was starting to make sounds) getting ready to put all of my years of first aid training to the test.  Her head was floppy for a minute but then she started crying and asking me what happened.

In that short amount of time, she said she had a dream.  She said she thought what was happening wasn't real, that she thought she was thinking it would suck if that DID happen, and that she was late for a bus or something.  Guess the mind does funny things when it takes over for a person.

She's got a nice goose egg, and upon examining her rib area, realized my little girl's got abs any female would envy.  Six pack envy.  Not kidding.  Sheesh.

Oh, and I'm making flan for the first time, hence the standing by the stove. 

It's been quite an eventful last couple hours.  ;)

Natalie, the fearless:


1 comment:

Mistaken said...

Wow! I'm glad she is ok. This was a random post, hehe. I would have freaked out! Even with my first aid trainging. I'm sure I would have forgotten everything I ever learned...