"Funny how life keeps going and we keep surviving what we feel is surely going to be the end of us." ~Me

Monday, October 31, 2011

Things on my mind

I forgot my camera for our church's Trunk-or-Treat/Carnival/Fall Festival party.  I'm not surprised, really. 

Quin's been in a big boy bed since Friday night... more stress than I thought.  But, it has to pass, eventually, right? Right??

My diabetes glucose test is in a couple weeks.  Yum. O.  (not)

I had the best shower ever, today.  I truly felt the stress being washed away.  I hate showers.  I decided it was because I chose to enjoy it that it was so fantastic.  That got me thinking I should choose to enjoy every moment of my life... even the prickly moments no one really wants to embrace.

I love the song, "Good Life", by OneRepublic.  "When you're happy like a fool, let it take you over..."

A change is coming in my life that I can't really talk about yet... but it's a good change.  (It's right up there with not having to babysit, anymore.)

My brother was in a bad car accident.  ICU, bad.  Respirator, bad.  Surgery, bad.  Internal bleeding, bad.  Broken bones, bad.  Please pray for him.  I am.

I want to be a better mom.  I hate yelling.  I love my kids.

I'm afraid the meat in my fridge has gone bad... I'm afraid to check...

Did I mention I love my kids?

I miss my laptop.  I don't know when I'll be able to get it fixed.  Stupid money. 

4 comments:

Emily said...

Sorry about your brother... we will pray for him. And I LOOOOVE that same line in the One Republic song... I always sing it really loud when it comes on!

Becka Babe said...

I'm sorry you have so much on your plate right now. And my prayers do go out for your brother, but you as well! All these things will pass, your kids love you and your hubby loves you. Hugs!

Linda said...

That's awful news about your brother!! I hope he will be able to recover soon! We will keep him in our prayers!

Good luck with the changes in your life! And even if the meat goes bad, there are a lot worse things that could happen. Don't sweat the small stuff. :)

Jami said...

Thanks, guys, and thanks, Linda. I needed to be reminded about not sweating the small stuff. :)