Since I was old enough to, I've been babysitting. Oldest of nine's usually do. ;)
When I was 16, I worked at my first daycare center. I figured, stick with what you're good at.
I've worked at three daycares since then, and have been babysitting in my home almost my whole married, mothering life.
Until today.
I'm sure you've figured out I'm pregnant. I do NOT do pregnant well... though, for the most part, I've been keeping that part of my life out of the published world of the internet. Facebook? Not so much... but I'm doing better. hee hee
I knew babysitting was stressful for me - as in, I just wanted to hide in computer land and not pay attention to any of the kids messing up my house, not even my own, kind of stressful. But I didn't know how stressful it was until I woke up this morning and didn't have to do it. Ever. Again. I thought it was because I'm pregnant that I was so stressed - nope. I just don't want to babysit, anymore. I don't want other people's kids messing up my house, anymore. I don't want to have to clean up after other people's kids, anymore. I don't want to deal with other kids' moms, anymore. (Most of them - one is still my friend, and she rocks.) But, to say I had gotten a little burned out would be putting it lightly.
Today, my little boy and I have been watching Halloween movies together, eating a picnic lunch in the living room, going for a walk, playing games... and just being us. He's been playing with his toys, which he hasn't done for so long! And I haven't felt the need to yell at anything trivial or otherwise, haven't had my patience tested, and have actually had the desire to do things! Start projects, again! Finish projects I've already started! It's been so great! I actually don't know what to do with myself now that I have just my independent child!
And I love it!
So, here's to being just a stay-at-home-mom. Just? Who'm I kidding? There's no "just" about it. ;)
3 comments:
Congrats on your freedom!! I tried the whole daycare thing, and I suck at it. It was WAY too stressful and horrible and awful. I now avoid it at all costs. I'm good for an occasional babysitting, but no way for anything long term.
I hope you enjoy this time with Quinn and that he enjoys it with you! You need a little relaxation and fun before the sleep deprivation hits!
Oh I so know how you feel and I'm SOOOO happy for your new freedom! I remember the feeling of wow my kids and I are so different when I'm not stressing over other children and their mothers. Only thing is now that its been a year later and were having a few financial troubles pop up I'm tempted to do daycare again. ugg. lol.
The only real problem I have now is getting up in the morning...lol! Before, I HAD to get up... I still do, now, but it's harder. And Becka, I know how you feel. Money's been tight for us, too, and it's only been a week. I think we were just used to having a little extra every Friday so we're going to have to get used to not spending as much. But, we have a plan, so hopefully it'll work out. :)
Post a Comment