"Funny how life keeps going and we keep surviving what we feel is surely going to be the end of us." ~Me

Friday, May 29, 2009

Post #3 - Brag Moment (Hey, it's my blog... I can do whatever I want!)

Both Andur and Natalie are the top readers in their class and are part of the Gifted and Talented program at school (their teachers have actually told me this, plus, I've volunteered in both of their classrooms and have seen this for myself... just sayin') ;)
Well, in the summer, there's a cool program that "high abililty students" get invited to participate in. Andur got to do it last year and this year they were both invited! Yay for my kids!


They get to choose three classes to attend and three others are picked for them. If you click on this picture, you should be able to read about it. Very cool!
Yep. They're smarty pants kids.
K. Done bragging. :)
(Believe it or not, I DO teach my kids about humility and how this is a gift from H.F. and if they get prideful about it, He'll take it away... you know, like He did with the Nephites all those times. Go family scripture study!!)

6 comments:

Messy Jess said...

You should just get a bumper sticker that says my kids are better than yours and put it in your back window.

Some of us can't help it if our kids are stupid...just saying....

(you know I'm just kidding, right?)

Loved seeing you at church - by the way what ward are you in??

Jami said...

ha ha ha ha!!! I should! jk

It WAS good seeing you at church!

I'm in the 3rd Ward, still. Most of 3rd Ward is. We just lost a few families over by where the Fowlkes live (behind the bread store).

Druciana said...

I don't think they would let my kid in a program like that. He got kicked out of the "enrichment" program because of his behavior at school. Something tells me your kids are not only smart, but well behaved.

Jami said...

They are well-behaved... at school. LOL Not perfect angels, mind you, but I've heard they're good kids. They're good kids at home, too, just tend to act out a little more for us. ;) (Just a little... they're by no means walking attitudes, nope. Not them. They never talk back or whine or anything.) (whew. Lying is SO exhausting!) LOL!!!

Druciana said...

Well, I don't remember hearing that your kids were so disruptive that they were taken out of special progams, not aloud to go on a field trip, put into anger management classes, must I go on... Every kids acts up some.

Jami said...

Wow, Rosa... anger management classes? I didn't know that. Is he doing better though? (Well, I guess he must be... it's summer break for you guys, isn't it?)