
I find myself thinking about this movie today... here's why:
This is a picture of across the street and my husband's car in front of my house:

This is a picture of my in-laws' car in my drive way with my car behind:

This is my backyard (yes, the snow is a foot away from the top of the fence!):

And another from my backyard (notice the top of a pine tree sticking out of the snow):

The other reason I'm thinking of this movie:
The day after tomorrow is when I'm supposed to have my c-section. I called the hospital and my doctor has NOT been able to get in... he's stuck. Like the rest of Gillette. In Wyoming, when it snows, they tend to close the roads outside of the towns because, really, who wants to plow all of Wyoming so people can get from town to town? But when they close the roads INSIDE of town, you know it's bad. That's where we're at right now. My husband's been home from work two days and my kids home from school. And I'm pregnant, 1 week and 2 days away from my due date. To say I'm panicked is inaccurate. I'm numb. I've been praying and praying. My kids being sick is the least of my worries at the moment. If they call me to reschedule, I don't know what I'll do. You might just hear my screaming from wherever you're reading this. I apologize for any foul language you may be able to decipher amidst the screaming.
Please pray for me. I could really use a dose of faith and patience right now.
7 comments:
Jami! I am praying now! I hope that Ice Age 2: The Meltdown happens in Gilette! I hope the Colorado sun gets over there and melts, melts, melts that snow!
I can't believe you got so much snow! Holy cow! Is it warming up at all to help the snow melt on the streets at least?
We're supposed to get RAIN, of all things, tomorrow, and possibly more snow, then more snow on Thursday. I need to be to the hospital Thursday morning at 4:30am! I'm determined beyond explanation to make this happen... I just hope my doctor is, too.
Wow. that is intense. Crazy snowstorm! Is it usually like that?
Gillette, I thought so. You must know my friend Carrie Whitlock. How many wards are there?
Here is her blog:
http://drewcarrie.blogspot.com/
Good luck this week!!!
How scary!! Especially where you have to have a c-section, so it's not like you can just go into labor and have the baby at home. You are definately in my prayers!!!! I'll pray that the snow melts enough you and your doctor can get to the hospital!
Your friend Carrie looks familiar, Hannah... but I don't know if she's in my ward or not. We've had a lot of new people lately, so it's always possible. I looked at her blog and know her friend Lisa that she's talking about, though. She IS in my ward, the Bishop's wife, actually. :)
I hope you made it today!! So good that Matt's parents were there!
Post a Comment